Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Respect

How do you show and command respect at the same damn time? I have this issue and not a clue how to fix it.
I'm adopted and I have 12 other brothers and sisters. Most of whom live about hour from each other a few live out of the state. I mention this for a reason which I will get to later.
Our parents live about 5 to 6 hours away from all of the kids, I'm probably the furthest. They routinely take that 5+hour drive for various reasons and come to town when they do they need somewhere to stay.
  • Now here is my point.... they only stay with me. They usually don't ask and usually don't tell me they are coming, they show up at my house ( yes they have a key... instant regrets about that).

So my issue is why me??? My parents have other kids they can stay with why burden me? Now I know your thinking but they are your parents they raised you and all that jazz and yes your right. Im grateful to my parents because they chose to raise me they picked me to be their child and that's special to me... however I'm an adult and like they use to tell me... this is my house and my rules!!!!
What blows me is I dont feel like they respect me or my home. They come create disorder in my place of peace. Who wants to come home to guest after a long day of work to guest that you didnt expect and they want you to cook dinner? TF?
Waymin.... I didnt send for you....dont come for me.
My issue is I want respect.. I want my parents to know they have to ask to stay at my house, this is a place that they are always welcomed however there are rules you gotta follow. Hell they are the ones who taught me to always call before you pop up at someones house. Sooo why are the rules different? I have a family of my own that I have to worry about I cant really be too concerned about my parents they are grown.
How do you command respect and give respect when you are asking an older generation especially if they are your parents?
Inquiring minds need to know? Any thoughts?樂

No comments:

Respect

How do you show and command respect at the same damn time? I have this issue and not a clue how to fix it. I'm adopted and I have 12 ...